Miner Luis Urzua alongside President Sebastian Pinera
We say "Happy Thursday"... but that's probably an understatement for the Chilean miners who've spent two months trapped underground, and have now been reuinted with their families. All 33 were safely rescued in a matter of 22 hours. Were you watching TV coverage as the miners were brought to the surface? As you think about what they've been through- has it changed your outlook on life?
Other stories we're working on for Thursday's show...
- Too much testing? Are doctors ordering you to take more tests than necessary? A closer look at the issue in medical news.
- Debate Tonight! The candidates for goveror-- Pat Quinn, Bill Brady, and Rich Whitney will debate tonight at SIU. It airs live tonight on PBS at 8 pm, and will be re-broadcast on WSIL at 11:05.
- Pets of the Week! We'll introduce you to Reign, Pippa, and Stewart... animals up for adoption at local shelters.
- Livestrong Program... Southern Illinois Healthcare is hoping for your votes to receive grand money for the new Cancer Transitions program.
- Eat This, Not That... It's all about Halloween candy!
- Pumpkin Smash... Elephants get to eat, and play with pumpkins at the Indianapolis Zoo. Stay with us till the end-- That's our video of the day!
Discuss these stories and more on our Cover it Live chat!
Start your day with us from 5:30 to 7:00 am!